Monday, May 9, 2011

This post already makes me judge myself, so you don't need to.

Apparently William and Kate adopted a penguin at the Chelsea Zoo.  Reason #2,000,000 why I want to be a princess:  everyone lets you have ridiculous pets and no one bats an eye.  "Oh, Princess TAB has a bathtub full of sharks?  No worries, she's trying to impact depleted populations from shark finning.  It's so environmental!"

It's mornings like this that I'm reminded of something my Friend With Great Hair said about MEH and I.  "It's not that you're bad seeds, but you'll never grow into a fruitful tree."  I want that on my business cards.

Day two of my detox is going okay, though I realize now that I'm addicted to dairy.  I've been fantasizing about big, drippy ice cream cones for two solid days (yep, both days of this detox) and alternately recognizing and respecting that I could never be vegan because I would probably kill someone for even the lowliest slice of Kraft American cheese.
Freaking judgmental ice cream mofo. 

Also, hey, why did everyone hate "Sucker Punch"?  I liked it a lot.  I ask because I'm currently listening to the soundtrack and I have a hard time splitting my focus today.  Maybe it's the lack of ice cream in my diet.

2 comments:

  1. Dude. I could NEVER be a vegan. Ever. I'm pretty sure it's because I'd feel like I'm cheating every time I'm eating MILK chocolate. Unless that's dumb, in which case I'd say that I'd probably cut a bitch over some cheese too. And Ben & Jerry's Phish Food ice cream.

    Obviously, I eat like a third grader. I could never quit that.

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to be a vegetarian, myself. I even have added some Morning Star foods to my meals. And they're amazing. But I love hamburgers, bacon and chicken so so so much. And BBQing? I can't imagine BBQing veggie food. :( I admire vegetarians/vegans, but I don't think I could ever be one. Jen supports my love for Morning Star foods totally, though she thinks they're disgusting, heh.

    ReplyDelete