Friday, April 23, 2010

Ceci N'est Pas Une Fashion Blog

This is not a fashion blog. My relationship with fashion is, at best, a watch-from-the-sidelines kind of thing. For me, fashion is like pool (billiards, not swimming pools, which are also awesome but irrelevant to this post), I absolutely love it but am really not very good at it. Maybe I could be... but as EM once told me very lovingly and honestly, I'm too low-maintenance. The conversation was actually in regards to a new haircut I was considering, but I figure it kind of goes across the board.


Anyway, I'm the type that likes to take it all in and absorb it. I'll peruse fashion glossies whenever I can, click through fashion blogs in bulk, hunt through everything from Etsy to The Cut and stare longingly into store windows, mostly at things I cannot afford.

If I had any kind of personal "style" (seriously, I'm in jeans and tees 90% of the time) I would have to say it could be described as "eclectic", but it could probably also be described as "what-the-hell-is-that-girl-wearing" or more colloquially, "wtf". I chalk it up to my lack of discriminating tastes, random ventures into numerous music subcultures ranging from punk to rockabilly to indie, and ease of distractability (totally made that phrase up juuust now, but it really conveys how quickly my attention can shift from one thing to an-OHMYGOD SOMETHING SHINY!). Anyway, for this lovely Friday I've decided to throw caution to the wind and list a few of my want-it-need-it-gimmegimmes. Will I ever own any of them? Probably not. Will I lust after them anyway? Absofreakinlutely.

Christian Louboutin Very Jaws Platform Pumps. $840.
Yves Saint Laurent Gold and Blue Green Aventurine Stone Bangle. $570.


Laura Dahl Raven V-Neck. $62.


3.1 Phillip Lim Mini Pencil Skirt at Barneys New York. $495.



Alice By Temperly Striped Jersey Dress. $325.

Sigh. So many more things. For now, though, I have some nail painting to do. Bon week-end, mes chers!

No comments:

Post a Comment